Dream chasing is a-mazing AND it’s a lot of work. No matter how passionate you are about your dream, there will be days where you don’t feel like it, are exhausted, feel like you are wasting your time, wonder if you were crazy to say yes, and see ZERO evidence that all the energy you are putting into it will be rewarded. I’ve had my share of those days and in those moments it’s easy to wonder if any of it really matters...and today as I am feeling a little worn from The Grind this was my reminder to keep those little yeses going...
You see, there have been many times in my life that I’ve said the Big Yes, but when it came down to the little yeses to get up early, stay up late, work when I’d rather lounge, put up money, swallow my pride, and do it afraid, my Big Yes was followed a series of little nos. I was tired, didn’t want to look like a fool, had more important things to do...the list goes on. So this is also my reminder to keep saying yes...not to get a fat bank account but because people are depending on me, some of who I haven’t even met...my little yeses are linked to their Big Yes.
And the same it is with you...
Your journey starts with a Big Yes...
To reach your goal, you will have to back that Big Yes up with a TON of little yeses..
- Yes to the workout when you don't feel like it
- Yes to the healthy lunch you packed when you crave fattening fast food
- Yes to your daily meditation and affirmations when you want to hit snooze
- Yes to the counseling appointment to deal with past hurts so that you no longer have a need to find comfort in food
- Yes to the call to live out loud rather than letting fear of what other people may say eat away at you
- Yes to support and accountability because you are finally humble enough to admit that what you have been doing isn't working
My friend, if 2018 is going to be your Happiest, Healthiest Year EVER, you MUST:
1. Commit to your Big Yes.
2. Then keep saying yes, day in and day out.
That’s what the dream requires! Let’s go!! 👊🏾